adult students (18+)
Adult students arrive with different expectations and goals than younger students. While a traditional piano curriculum is followed, the teaching approach incorporates desired goals and/or outcomes from studying piano. So whether you want to learn the classics, play piano pieces from your childhood OR simply play songs for your children/grandchildren, lessons are curated to meet those goals too.
Students will receive one on one private piano lessons each week. Lessons will focus not only on playing the piano, but also on technique, theory, sight reading, and music appreciation.
- Your choice of four weekly 30 min, 45 min, or an hour sessions each month
- Incorporates your piano goals
- Opportunity to perform in two recitals each year, if desired
- Music theory is included in lessons
- Ear training & Sight reading are introduced when students reach a certain level of play
- "Off the bench" learning alternatives introduced when necessary