private piano students (Ages 6-18)
Students will receive one on one private piano lessons each week. Lessons will focus not only on playing the piano, but also on technique, theory, sight reading, and music appreciation. Parental involvement with practicing is required.
- Your choice of four weekly 30 min, 45 min, or an hour sessions each month
- Two recitals performances each year
- NYSSMA participation by invitation
- Piano Competitions Preparation and Coaching, if desired
- Subscription to The Piano Explorer
- Fun and motivational practice challenges
- Music theory is incorporated into lessons
- Ear training & Sight reading are introduced when students reach a certain level of play
- "Off the bench" learning alternatives introduced when necessary. "Off the bench" refers to activities and games using manipulatives that teach, reinforce and compliment piano concepts and may be accomplished away from the piano.